Defence Evaluation Advisors
Integrated Test Evaluation and Acceptance (ITEA) is the MOD mandated process for the development of a structured plan to gather the evidence to underpin the acceptance case for new or upgraded Military Capability. Applied rigorously, it will provide a robust cost and risk optimised plan leading to a pan-Defence Lines of Development acceptance case, while significantly reducing the risk of time and cost overruns.
The Defence Evaluation Advisor (DEA) service is a centrally-funded service offered to all parts of the MOD under the LTPA. It provides independent advice and support on the implementation of the ITEA process.
Key elements of the service include:
- Advice and guidance on applying and tailoring the ITEA process to a programme
- Review and support of the development of ITEA plans
- One to one advice to those developing ITEA plans
- Provision of wider ITEA awareness training to teams
- Provision of ITEA training on MOD courses
- Provision of independent advice on Test and Evaluation (T&E) processes and techniques
- Domain-specific knowledge covering Air, Land and Sea capabilities
- Information on the breadth of UK T&E capabilities and suppliers beyond those provided by the LTPA
- Centrally funded access to the deep capability within QinetiQ to provide specific impartial advice on T&E.
The Defence Evaluation Advisors have worked across the Front Line Commands, DE&S, DIO, and ISS, and supported projects on all scales from new Army Field Water Heaters to the T26 Global Combat Ship. DEA will work with the customer as the plan develops to gather the evidence needed to support the timely acceptance of capability.