Training is one of the most important factors for achieving success in theatre. Under the LTPA, QinetiQ can offer the space and realism to provide training to the highest levels.
The concept of ‘Training as you fight’ is enabling troops to use exactly the same drills in training as they do in theatre.
Operational training starts with the blank canvas of a secure range, which can be left that way for troops to carry out their own exercises, including the use of live weapons, or enhancements to the training can be built up by adding ‘layers of realism’.
Key features of this service include:
- Hands-on live weapon releases to maintain currency
- Live and synthetic training bringing the joint battlespace to the individual unit
- Recording of training events to improve value and effectiveness
- Segregated, safe and secure training areas
- Closing the loop, facilitating operational acceptance of equipment along with test and evaluation
The versatile nature of the ranges means a wide variety of activities can be supported during training, including:
- Parachute drops
- Rough field landings
- Combat search and rescue
- Rapid assault activities
- Electronic warfare exercises.
Operational Training is available at: